Region Gävleborg, formerly Gävleborg County Council and formally the Council of Gävleborg County, is a Swedish regional county that was established on 1 January 2015 by a merger of the county council and Gävleborg Regional Association. Region Gävleborg is responsible for healthcare in the county, as well as for infrastructure, regional public transport, business development and cultural activities.
The assignment was to head the procurement of new communication services for the various operations of the Region. The procurement, conducted according to Swedish procurement law (LOU), comprises Telephony, Contact Centre and Data Communication services for 75,000 users and a WAN solution for 95 sites (postal addresses).
- Large geographical area, provision for mobile coverage and capacity.
- 7,500 users of fixed-line and mobile communication.
- Need for increased mobility and cost efficiency.
- Complex needs in healthcare.
- Requirements for security and redundancy.
- To supervise the collection and collation of the required factual data, requirements and needs.
- To contribute with specialist input in the specification of requirements.
- To compile specification of requirements.
- To prepare an invitation to tender.
- To prepare a framework for invitations to tender and a framework for evaluation of tenders.
- Production of a standard agreement.
New, flexible service agreement including fixed-line and mobile systems, mobile and fixed-line operator services, contact centre services, telephony services, WAN etc.
- 7-year flexible agreement.
- Considerably lower costs.
- Robust communication solution.
- Higher service levels, adapted to individual requirements.