Atlas Copco is a world-leading supplier of sustainable productivity solutions. The group offers customers innovative compressors, vacuum solutions and air treatment systems, industrial and mining equipment, industrial tools and assembly systems. Atlas Copco develops products and services focusing on productivity, energy efficiency, safety and ergonomics. The company was founded in 1873, is headquartered in Stockholm and has customers in over 180 countries. In 2013, Atlas Copco had sales of SEK 84 billion and more than 40,000 employees. Atlas Copco is listed on the NASDAQ OMX Stockholm stock exchange.
Atlas Copco had a newly signed Communications as a Service (CaaS) agreement for telecom services. A couple of challenges arose out of this agreement that needed to be addressed, including:
- Global group, decentralised organisation.
- Need for greater coordination and group-wide skills.
- Different needs and levels of development in group companies.
As a result of these challenges, Telemanagement was commissioned to oversee:
- Development/efficiency programmes.
- Proactivity in administration and requirements specification issues in respect of suppliers.
- Support of function owners and service managers.
- Support and more efficient use within the business.
- Reduced telecom costs.
- Better coordination of internal requirements.
- Improved delivery quality through coordinated supplier requirements.
- Better follow-up and control.