Ahlsell is the leading technology trading company in the Nordic region, supplying installation products, tools and machinery. It also operates in the Baltic region, Poland and Russia. Now a listed company, Ahlsell has around 5,000 employees and in 2015 reported sales just short of SEK 25 billion.
Ahlsell had an option to renegotiate the existing agreement covering the Group’s Nordic communication and ICT. The challenge was to negotiate an all-new Nordic agreement on a new communication system, prices and a business case with a sufficiently attractive outcome, and to use the leverage of the established IT sourcing strategy.
- To conduct an in-depth market and price analysis
- To act as advisor and provide coordinating support throughout the negotiation phase
- To produce a business case for decision at management level
- To evaluate and conduct a price and market analysis of Ahlsell’s data network (WAN) as leverage in the overall IT sourcing strategy
- To act as expert negotiator and support throughout the process up to final agreement
The outcome was measurable in terms of both improved function delivery and a major boost in cost efficiency in line with agreement and business case. Ahlsell was also able to benefit from a substantial increase in data connections to the facilities (WAN) in the Nordic area, in the form of improved service delivery, flexibility and cost efficiency.
“Thank you for a very well-done job.”
CIO and Head of Group IT